Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good Bye New Zealand- Updated 19/09/10

Finally I am off to Europe to see Manchester United. My first stop is at London. I arrive at 11am there time on Friday and stay the night in a hotel before catching another flight Manchester where I will watch Manchester United kick Liverpools butt. This photo is of dad and I about to check in

When we boarded the plane our seat was upstairs in the jumbo jet.  We sat in the front row of premium economy which gave dad and I plenty of leg room. I also got opportunity to change seats before we got off the plane at LA.


The flight to Las Angeles was 11 1/2 hours long. We both slept on and off. When we got to LA we were herded like cattle into a transit lounge but not before meeting some rude border staff who actually treated passengers like a processing line. Dad has his fingerprints and photo taken while I did not. A female border worker (same as our immigration) except they wear guns kept yelling "4 fingers" at a woman in front of us meaning place your 4 fingers on the scanner to take the fingerprints. The woman was tired, had a baby in her arms and was confused. I think a little politeness would have helped.


While waiting in the transit lounge in  LA ( Which we had no choice to do ) we saw this sign. Potentially scary stuff

2 comments:

  1. cooooooooooool . dad did you get my text ? you didnt reply ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, great to hear you arrived safely in London. You missed a great storm here!!!! Hope your weather better. Enjoy. Talk soon. Rae/Mum

    ReplyDelete