Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The G200 Experience

G200 GulfStream Flight to Scotland - 24/09/10
The G200 GulfStream Jet
On Friday the 24th September at 1030am we went to Farnborough Airport and met a very nice man called Peter. He owns a 2010 GulfStream G200 jet and it was his plane that took Dad and I to Edinburgh, Scotland from London. Yes that right, me and Dad. The only other people on board was Peter, the pilot and his Co-Pilot.

The plane is brand new and had had nice leather seats. During takeoff the forces were quite strong, you feel it more than a normal jumbo jet. After take off I was invited to the cockpit and sat in the 3rd seat to watch what was going on.
Spot the Silver Fern


Dad had a good time!


















Dad however, sat in the body of the plane talking to Peter while they drank a bottle of French Champagne which Peter said was his favourite one.


My first flying lesson








The Co-Pilot left his seat and I was able to jump in. After a briefing from the pilot and permission given by Air Traffic Control our plane headed in to a military area between Edinburgh and St Andrews. The plane was taken off auto pilot and I had control. I flew the plane and made some turns before moving back to my seat in the body of the plane for landing. The pilot told me that I flew very well and did not make sharp turns. It must be because of my practice on the PS3 controller at home - and the pilot agreed.
Peter & I
Scotland ahead
This is me actually flying the plane. Unlike the Illusion of Madame Tussauds, this is for real.










If you click on this photo it will enlarge and you will be able to see where I had control of the plane by the change in direction of the blue line which indicates the flight path. Still don't believe me then you have to wait till I get home to see the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment